Ans. When there is communication gap between the sender of the message and receiver of the message due to talking, interruption, machines, misperception, phone ringing etc is called noise. Q 2. Explain verbal/oral communication?
Ans. When the communication takes place in the form of telephone conversation, loud speaker announcement, conferences etc. is called verbal communication. Q 3. Explain non-verbal / written communication?
Ans. When the communication takes place in the form of letters, memos, notices etc. is called written communication. Q 4. Explain the ten commandment of a good communication given by American Management Association?
Ans. 1 Clarifying before to communication
2. Be a Good listener. 3. Actions must be constant with communication 4. Consider the content of the message 5. Purpose of communication 6. It helps the receiver to understand the message. 7. It requires following up. 8. Speak the same language 9. Consult other to obtain their support by the communication 10. Understand the human and physical environment
Ans. (i) Lack of Openness: When a Person does not have trust or believe on you or even he does not give you respect communication gap takes place.
2. Filtering: It means when a person wants to harm you by giving bad news also makes the process of communication ineffective.
3. Assumptions: Assumptions may also create communication barrier.
4. For example Mr. A sends the message to Mr. B, Mr. A may not assumed that Mr. B understood the message. 5. Fear: when the Communicator sends the message under tension or nervousness to the receiver. It also disturbs the effective communication process. 6. Language: Language problem also creates barriers in communication.
For Example: Superior tells subordinate that I will pay you but subordinate understands this pay as bonus or other benefits.
Q 6. What are the Principles of effective communication?
2. Communication should be taken in the personal form. 3. Proper feed back should be given by the receiver. 4. Receiver must understand / listen the message very carefully. 5. Proper organizational structures are designed & developed. 6. Create proper environment for the expression of ideas & beliefs.